With the holidays just around the corner and little ones making out their wish list for Santa, we thought it would be a good idea to share the places we love to go, our favorite toy shops in Copenhagen, to pick up those unique and memorable toys.
1. Our first favorite is Karusella, they carry brands from all of the world and have gifts for babies to big kids. We love their currated selctions of wooden toys, hand sewn dolls and leading brands. The staff is very friendly and helpful. This is our first stop on the holiday shopping tour. We also love this shop to get birthday gifts too as they have fantastic selection for the 50 – 90 DKK range school birthday.
2. And just around the corner is another of our next favorite toy shops, Astas. This cozy little shop has clothing as well as small trinkets. Each visit, you discover new items. The owner, Christina is a designer herself and the store carries her brand of gorgeous handmade clothing and sweaters that are the perfect gift this time of the year. She also carries other brands such as Englands Mini Rodini, Bobo Choses, Popupshop, Atsuyo et Akiko, ESP No.1, Ôvitar by Gudrun & Gudrun, Bang Bang Copenhagen, Milibe of Copenhagen and Kidscase. You can also find some of our favorite specialty brand shoes such as Petit Nord. In toys you will find Janod, Moulin Roty, Jelly Cat, Dolls from The doll factory of Europe, Petit Collin, Corolle, Llorens of Spain, Emil Schwenk, Monchichi, Ebulobo and lots of other things. Located close to the enter of town on Nikolaj Plads 11, 1067 Copenhagen, Tel: +45 22 15 33 41. AND did I mention there is a cute play ground right outside! Perfect for shopping and playing!
3. Pif Paf Puf is in our top 3 because of the charm and selection. They carry items for babies, kids and tweens. You can get scooters here, hoola hoops and even wooden toys. They have been in business for over 18 year and know which products kids love to play with and parents love to buy. Located at Nordre Frihavnsgade 23, 2100 København Tel: +45 35 55 18 04
4. And now for the big boys…Hamley’s at the top of Illums. We love this shop for its selection of top name brand toys such as Lego and Barbie, but also because of the small play area for little kids. It is so easy to shop here. They have a water play area and a soft floor for crawlers. AND there is a great cafe near by so you can just grab a bite too and make a fun afternoon of shopping, playing and eating! Not to mention the amazing selection of gifts for everyone in the family inside the rest of Illums!
5. You can’t have a list of Toy Stores in Copenhagen without mentioning BR. BR is a chain store and they have locations all over town, it seems like in most neighborhoods. They are a great go to place for the basic toys and gifts. They carry the top brands that kids want and you can always find one where ever you are in town for the those last minute holiday toys!
6. Step down from the street into Krea, a wonderful toy shop with wooden toys and all that small children will love. Vestergade 4-6, 1456 København Telefon: +45 33 32 98 58
Mini CPH Scouts